HELP scholarships include:
- Classes at an internationally accredited university in Haiti.
- Textbooks and supplies.
- Living stipends.
- Housingin HELP dorms and living stipends.
- Academic advising and counseling.
- IT curriculum: 2-year program in computer literacy.
- English curriculum: HELP’s 4-year program, sponsored by the U.S. Embassy, introduces students to literature, poetry, and theatre. Classes are taught by native speakers, including two full-time volunteers who also serve as resident advisors in HELP dorms, giving students additional opportunities to advance their English outside the classroom.
- Leadership & Citizenship curriculum: HELP’s unique 4-year curriculum uses our five pillars – respect, rigor, courage, sacrifice, and service – as the foundation for teaching leadership, with a focus on community service and social change.
- Career services and internships with local businesses and NGOs.
- Study abroad opportunities at Dartmouth College and Cornell University